Being on the radar would make sense for the crazy amount of new followers. I’m so glad geology (and palaeontology) is continuing to be exposed (no pun intended!) on this site, as there are so many really awesome things to talk about.
With all that said, here is some information you guys may be interested in checking out.
Tumblr blogs I contribute to/run:
- geologise: A side nature/science blog I run by myself.
- scinerds: A science blog I am a member of where I post mainly things that involve geology, palaeontology, and landscapes, but I also post other things of relevance or importance.
- scienceon: A blog dedicated to archiving science bloggers on Tumblr; run by myself.
My featured tags:
- Theropod Of The Day: This is a series I started (and need to revive!) where I talk about different theropods from the Mesozoic.
- Palaeo Life: A new tag which is focused on posts where I talk about ways to get into the palaeontology and geology world for enthusiasts, amateurs, serious amateurs, etc. It includes how to go to college for these studies, signing up for summer digs with museums, book suggestions, and more!
- Project Aragonite: I actually just started this experiment yesterday! I am currently in the process of growing the mineral aragonite. I made an introduction to the project a few days ago which you can read about here. I will have photos coming up as the minerals begin to grow on the limestone.
- I have many other tags, but palaeontology, dinosaurs, geology, mineralogy, minerals, astronomy, and science are probably the most relevant for my blog and followers.
- I occasionally make graphics, though it was much more frequent a year ago.
Latest science posts:
As well, if you guys ever have any questions or would like me to write up a post about something, feel free to ask me! Most of my posts on geology and palaeontology are original content written by me, but I do at times post articles with and without added commentary. I as well reblog science and non-science things.
Thanks for following, everyone. I hope you enjoy all the posts.